There’s nothing like a hot shower to relax your muscles and wash away the day’s grime. But have you ever considered switching to an open shower? Here are just a few reasons I love open showers (and why you should too!).
What is an open shower?
An open shower is a shower in which walls or a door do not enclose the stall. This type of shower allows for more air circulation and can make the space feel more open. Open showers can be an excellent option for small bathrooms as they can make the room feel larger. Walk-in shower ideas.
Letting it all hang out: the appeal of open showers
Open showers are gaining popularity for several reasons. They are more efficient than traditional showers, saving water and energy. They are also more convenient since there is no need to wait for the water to heat up before getting in. Additionally, open showers can be more relaxing since they allow you to enjoy the feeling of the water while you are showering.
How do I make my shower look like a cave?
Why you should switch to an open shower
There are plenty of good reasons to love open showers, and improved hygiene and easier cleaning are just two of them.
Open showers are the way to go when it comes to hygiene. There’s no need to worry about shower curtains or doors that trap bacteria and mold. And, since there’s no need to worry about water splashing all over the place, open showers are much easier to keep clean.
Ease of cleaning is another big plus for open showers. There’s no need to scrub grout lines or worry about getting mildew and soap scum buildup in hard-to-reach places. And, since there’s no need for doors or shower curtains, there’s nothing to clean but the shower itself.
So, if you’re looking for a more hygienic and easier-to-clean shower option, open showers are the way to go.
The drawbacks of open showers
A few potential drawbacks to open showers are worth considering before making the switch. Decreased privacy is the most apparent downside – if you’re not comfortable being seen naked, an open shower is probably not for you. Another potential issue is the spread of germs – if someone in your household is sick, showering in an open space could increase your chances of catching whatever they have.
Overall, I think the benefits of open showers outweigh the drawbacks – but it’s essential to weigh all the pros and cons before deciding. If you’re still on the fence, why not try? You might find that you love it as much as I do!
How to Make the Most Out of an Open Shower
There are plenty of reasons to love open showers – they’re airy, they let in natural light, and they can make your bathroom feel more spacious. But if you’re not used to them, open showers can also feel a bit exposing. Here are a few tips for making the most of an open shower:
- Use a shower curtain. A shower curtain will help contain the water and prevent errant sprays from hitting your bathroom floor or walls.
- Keep the area clean. An open shower can show off your bathroom’s cleanliness – or lack thereof. Keep the area around your shower clean and free of any mold or mildew.
- Let in the light. Open showers are an excellent opportunity to let in some natural light. If your bathroom has a window, open the curtains or blinds to let in sunlight.
- Add some plants. Plants can brighten up any space, and they’re especially welcome in an open shower. Choose plants that thrive in high humidity, like ferns or orchids.
Do walk-in showers increase home value?
Love Your Shower Again: Try an Open Shower
If you’re looking to save time in the shower and cut down on your water bill, you should try an open shower! Here’s why I love open showers and why you should too:
- You can save so much time by not having to close and open the shower door every time you get in and out.
- Open showers can help reduce your water bill since you’re not running the water while not in the shower.
- They’re also great for small bathrooms since they don’t take up as much space.
- I love the feeling of an open shower and the air circulation.
If you’re thinking of trying an open shower, I encourage you to go for it! You might find that it’s right for you.
There are many reasons to love open showers, from the feeling of freedom and openness to the increased air circulation and natural light. Open showers are a great option, whether you’re looking to save water or enjoy a more relaxed and airy showering experience. And, with so many stylish open shower designs to choose from, there’s sure to be one that’s perfect for your home.