If you have a cracked mirror, you may be wondering how to fix it without replacing the entire mirror. There are a few different methods you can try, depending on the size and severity of the crack.
A cracked mirror can be fixed using several household items, including superglue, clear nail polish, toothpaste, and clear tape.
How to fix a cracked mirror with superglue
It is possible to fix a cracked mirror with superglue. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- First, clean the mirror’s surface around the crack with a cloth to remove dirt or debris.
- Next, apply a thin layer of super glue to the crack.
- Allow the glue to dry for a few minutes.
- Once the glue is dry, apply a second layer of superglue to the crack.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Finally, buff the mirror with a clean cloth to remove excess glue.
How to fix a cracked mirror with clear nail polish
A cracked mirror can be a nuisance, but it’s easy to fix with clear nail polish. Apply a thin layer of clear nail polish to the cracked area and allow it to dry. The nail polish will act as a sealant, keeping the crack from spreading.
- Clean the surface of the mirror with isopropyl alcohol and a lint-free cloth
- Apply a thin layer of clear nail polish to the crack, starting from the center and moving outwards
- Allow the nail polish to dry completely
- Repeat the previous step if necessary
A lint-free cloth is a cloth that does not leave behind any lint or other particles when used. This is important when fixing a mirror because any lint or other particles left behind can cause the mirror to become blurry or distorted.
Toothpaste? Can it fix a cracked mirror?
Yes, You can use toothpaste to fix a crack in a mirror. All you need to do is apply a small amount of toothpaste to the crack and then use a cloth to wipe it away. The toothpaste will fill in the crack and help to prevent it from spreading.
I used toothpaste to fix a cracked mirror. I applied a small amount of toothpaste to the crack and then used a cotton swab to spread it evenly. I let the toothpaste dry for a few hours and then buff it off with a soft cloth.
Clear tape to fix a small crack.
If you have a small crack in a mirror, you can fix it with clear tape. First, clean the area around the crack with a soft cloth. Then, place a piece of clear tape over the crack and carefully smooth out any bubbles. Finally, use a hairdryer to heat the tape and seal the crack.
All of these DIY fixes are for small cracks in a mirror. If you have a bigger crack, you’ll need to replace the mirror or get a professional fix it.
Try the above fixes for a quick and cheap repair. If the damage is extensive, it is best to replace the mirror.