A tray ceiling is a type of ceiling that features a raised center section. You often find tray ceilings in formal living and dining rooms, but they can also be a great way to add drama to a more casual living room. If you’re considering adding a tray ceiling to your living room, here are a few tips to help you get started.
- 1 Make a Statement with Colorful Tray Ceiling Paint Ideas
- 2 Make Your Ceiling Glow with Recessed Lighting
- 3 Add definition and interest to your living room tray ceiling with crown molding.
- 4 Add glamour to your home with a chandelier or other statement light fixture.
- 5 Transform Your Tray Ceiling With Wallpaper
- 6 Can you add a tray ceiling to an existing room?
- 7 Should tray ceilings be painted?
- 8 How do you turn a flat ceiling into a tray ceiling?
Make a Statement with Colorful Tray Ceiling Paint Ideas
When making a statement with color, there’s nothing quite like a bold, colorful tray ceiling. Whether you paint your entire ceiling a bright, accent color or paint the tray itself a darker color, the results can be striking.
Why not try a classic white tray ceiling with a brightly painted tray if unsure where to start? You can also experiment with different color combinations to find the perfect look for your home. Just remember to use high-quality paint for the best results.
Make Your Ceiling Glow with Recessed Lighting
Installing recessed lighting in your tray or coffered ceiling is an easy way to add a soft ambient glow to your space. These fixtures sit flush with the ceiling, creating a sleek, modern look. They’re perfect for task or accent lighting. No need for an electrician!
First, determine the location of your recessed lighting fixtures. You’ll want to space them evenly throughout the ceiling. Then, use a drill to create holes for the lights. Next, insert the lights into the holes and secure them in place. Finally, connect the wires to a power source and turn on the switch. That’s it!
Recessed lighting is a great way to add a touch of luxury to your space. You can do it yourself in no time.
Add definition and interest to your living room tray ceiling with crown molding.
Tray ceiling crown molding is a decorative molding used to finish the edges of ceilings and walls. You can also use it to create decorative designs on ceilings.
Adding crown molding to a tray ceiling can add definition and interest. You can paint the molding to match the ceiling color or to create a contrast. It can also be stained or left natural.
Adding crown molding to a tray ceiling is a simple way to add interest and definition. You can use it to create a contrast with the ceiling color or to match it. It can also be stained or left natural.
Add glamour to your home with a chandelier or other statement light fixture.
Hang a chandelier or other statement light fixture from your tray ceiling for a touch of glamour. Chandeliers and other accent lights are a beautiful way to add glamour to your home. They can be used to light up a room or to add some atmosphere. You can find chandeliers and other statement lights in various styles and designs. You can find them in stores or online.
Transform Your Tray Ceiling With Wallpaper
If you want to add a touch of drama to your home, try adding wallpaper to your tray ceiling. This simple update can make a significant impact in any room.
Wallpaper can transform a space, a great way to add pattern and color to a room. There are a few things to remember when choosing wallpaper for a tray ceiling.
First, consider the scale of the room. A small room with a high ceiling will need smaller-scale wallpaper, while a large room can handle a bolder print.
Second, think about the colors in the room. If the room is already quite colorful, you might want to choose a wallpaper with a neutral palette. But if the room is primarily neutral, you can have fun with a brighter or more patterned wallpaper.
Finally, take into account the height of the ceiling. If the ceiling is very high, you might want to avoid busy patterns that could be overwhelming. But if the ceiling is lower, a bolder wallpaper can make a statement.
Whether you choose a subtle or dramatic wallpaper, adding it to your tray ceiling is a great way to add personality to your space.
Can you add a tray ceiling to an existing room?
A tray ceiling is an excellent option if you’re looking for a way to add some drama to your living room. This ceiling is a type of flat ceiling with a section raised in the center, creating a bit of a “tray” shape. This area is often adorned with wood beams, adding to the room’s overall look. Vaulted ceilings are another option to consider if you want to add some height to your room.
Should tray ceilings be painted?
Tray ceilings are a great way to add drama to your living room. We can paint them white to make the space feel more open and airy or paint them in color to add a pop of color. Here are some tray ceiling paint ideas to get you started:
- Paint the ceiling white and the walls a dark color. A darker color will make the room feel more intimate and cozy.
- Paint the ceiling a light color and the walls a dark color. A lighter color will make the room feel more dramatic and formal.
- Paint the ceiling and walls the same color. The same wall color will make the room feel more unified and serene.
- Paint the ceiling a color that coordinates with the walls. Complimentary paint color will make the room feel more put together and stylish.
- Add stripes or other patterns to the ceiling. The ceiling pattern will add visual interest and make the room feel more dynamic.
How do you turn a flat ceiling into a tray ceiling?
A tray ceiling can add visual interest and drama to a room, a relatively straightforward design element to add to your living room. Here’s a quick overview of how to turn a flat ceiling into a tray ceiling:
- Decide where you want the tray ceiling to start and end. The most common design is a rectangle, but you can create an oval or another shape.
- Mark the perimeter of the tray ceiling on the wall with a pencil.
- Cut out the section of the drywall along the pencil line. If the area is large, you may need to use a saw to make the cuts.
- Install the framing for the tray ceiling. The structure will usually involve adding additional studs to the perimeter.
- Hang the drywall and finish as desired. You can paint or wallpaper the tray ceiling to add more drama to the room.
A double tray ceiling is a great way to add interest and drama to your living room. With little planning and effort, you can quickly transform a flat ceiling into a beautiful design element.
A tray ceiling is an excellent option if you’re looking for a way to add some drama to your living room. This type of ceiling can make a space feel larger and more luxurious. Plus, it’s a relatively simple project to do yourself. Follow these steps, and you’ll be well on your way to a beautiful new ceiling.